of Service to Asia's
Gay & Lesbian Community!
Covid Recovery Discount: to help build your business back up, we are offering a 50% or higher discount off 12 months on any of our promotions !
| || ||
| |CHINA - May 13, 2009
ShanghaiPRIDE 2009 Events:
Sunday, June 7
- Art Show - Paintings, sculptures, and photography exhibition by local LGBT artists. Free to public. Running all week June 7 - 14 at Shanghai Studio, Eddy's, and Transit Lounge.
- 5pm Film Screening - Queer China, 'Comrade China' by Cui Zi'en. A documentary about gender and sexual orientation reforms in the past 20 years in China which features interviews with 30 of the most prominent figures in the Chinese LGBT community. Free to Public. Vargas Grill.
- 7pm Opening Night Dinner - Join us for a celebratory opening meal: eat, drink and be gay and gay-friendly. Please RSVP to Vargas Grill, 6437-0136. Y0/person. Vargas Grill.
Monday, June 8
- 5-7:30pm Panel Discussion - Blossom in the Little Garden: Evolution of Gay Shanghai. Panelists: Fudan University Professor Gao, East China Normal University Professor Wei Wei. Free to Public. At Kathleen's.
Tuesday, June 9
- 8pm Open Mic Literary Hour - Share literary selections from your favorite authors, or musings of your own. Free to Public. At Frangipani.
Wednesday, June 10
- 5-8pm Film Screening by Zhu Ziya - She is an independent film director with a playful attitude. Free to Public. At Kathleen's.
Thursday, June 11
- 7pm Wine Tasting - Mixed selection of white and red imported wines. Y0 all you can drink. At A Tale of 4 Cities.
- 10pm Shanghai Studio Open Bar - Start the weekend off the gay way. Y0 all you can drink.
Friday, June 12
- 5-8pm Film Screening - Welcome to Destination Shanghai by Andrew Cheng. An erotic-drama featuring Shanghai's gay and heterosexual sex trade workers through interconnected vignettes. Free to Public. At Kathleen's.
- 8pm The Laramie Project - A theatrical production about a small town's reaction to one of America's most talked about hate crimes. Y0 per person with 10% of profits donated to ChiHeng Foundation. At Barefoot Studios.
Saturday, June 13
- 2-10pm Day Time Events at Cotton's on Xinhua Lu. Free to public. All day BBQ Y0 and drinks from Y.
- 2pm Hot Body Competition.
- 3pm LGBT Choir and Capoeira Performances.
- 4pm Chinese Opera and Drag Performance by Lai Lai.
- 5pm Gay Bar Competition.
- 6pm Games Galore.
- 7pm Fashion Show.
- 8pm Drag Show (including Gwen from Tempe and Coco Licious).
- 9pm Gay Weddings.
- 10pm Free Buses to ShanghaiPRIDE Afterparty - Dance floor with special DJ Leather Locklear. Free to public. At Glamour Bar.
Sunday, June 14
- Field Day at Xuhui Gym and Swimming Pool.
- 4pm Swim Competition.
- 6pm Badminton Competition.
Events are subject to change, so be sure to check the ShanghaiPRIDE official website for updates and additional information.
QUNCI VILLAS, a gay-friendly, gay-managed tropical resort on the heavenly island of Lombak, just next to Bali...|
At Tokyo Rainbow Pride
Dynamic duo at Cambodia Pride
With cheap air flights from around the region, Cambodia is more fun than ever!|